Posted Sep 15th, 2018
The two biggest factors that impact your digestive health are the foods that you eat and your everyday lifestyle choices. If we neglect to consider our digestive health needs then our system will likely experience issues absorbing vital nutrients. Here are 5 ways to improve your digestive wellbeing.
- Consume whole foods rich in fiber such as vegetables, whole grains, berries and legumes.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day allows your bowels to flow more freely.
- Find sustainable stress reducing activities. Stress contributes to ulcers and heartburn so managing stress can impact your digestive wellbeing.
- Exercise. Regular activity can not only help maintain weight it also reduces constipation.
- Enjoy more natural probiotic containing foods such as yogurt, pickled cucumbers, kombucha and some cheeses (mozzarella, Gouda, aged cheddar and cottage cheese).